We, KUMARAN Hospital (p) Ltd., is committed to delivering high quality, personalized care to people of all ages and in every stage of life.
Kumaran Hospitals is a 125 bedded super speciality & multi-speciality healthcare center established in the year 1989 by Dr. S. Palaniswamy and Dr. P. Manimekalai to provide a wide spectrum of high quality medical services at affordable costs.
The hospital boast of ultra modern facilities and round the clock medical services provided by team of excellent resident medical officers, nurses and para-medical staff.
Emergency: Our emergency unit is most technologically advanced with skilled staff specialized in prehospital trauma and emergency medical care.
A hi-tech radio controlled ambulance service with all life supporting equipments like ventillators and defibrillators along with trained emergency medical technicians available round the clock for any emergency.
- Continuous cardiac monitoring
- 24 hours dedicated & Experienced medical team
- Arterial flow monitoring
- Dedicated Operation theatre setup with C-arm
- Defibrillators with AED
- Well equipped ICU with ventilator
- All kinds of advanced airway equipment
- 24 hours ambulance service
- Decontamination Area
- Dietician and dietary services
- Inhome Coffee club
- For all kinds of Injuries & Fractures, Head Injuries, Chest Injuries and Abdominal Injuries
Health Check Services:
- Master Health Check
- Well Women Check
- Executive Health Check
- Child Health Check
- Heart Check
Operation Theatres: We have 4 operation theatres with Bio clad, the latest USFDA approved Material with Silver Nano Technology. This ensures zero infections. The fully equipped operation theatres have the latest technology and routinely handle transplants, emergency and elective surgeries with best results.
Our Radiology services include CT scan, USG, ECG, EMG and X-Ray services round the clock and in emergencies.
- CT- Scan: A CT-Scan combines a series of X-Ray images taken from different angles and creates cross-sectional images of bones, blood vessels and soft tissues within the body. These provide the detailed images that offer much more information than an X-Ray.
We have a GE Multi Slice CT. This aids quick and precise diagnosis and helps plan medical, surgical and radiation treatments accurately.
- USG: Ultra Sound Sonography uses high frequency sound waves to capture live images from inside the body. It allows the doctors to see problems with organs, vessels and Tissues. We use the USG to diagnose diseases of Bladder, Brain (in Infants), Eyes, Gall Bladder, Kidneys, Liver, Ovaries, Pancreas, Spleen, Thyroid, Testicles, Uterus and Blood Vessels
- ECG: Electrocardiography is the process of recording electrical activity of the heart over a period of time using electrodes placed on the chest for detection of tiny electrical changes on the skin that arise from the heart muscle depolarizing during each heartbeat. Our highly trained clinicians gather vast information about the structure of the heart, the function of its electrical conduction system, the rate and rhythm of the heart and the size and the position of the chambers and much more.
- EMG: Electromyography uses electrodes to study the electrical signals from the nerve cells to the muscles. EMG is used to diagnose nerve dysfunction, muscle dysfunction, and problems with nerve-to-muscle signal tranmission.
- Muscle Disorder, such as muscular dystrophy or polymyositis
- Diseases affecting the connection between the nerve and the muscle, such as myasthenia gravis
- Disorders of the nerves outside the spinal cord (peripheral nerves), such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Disorders that affect the motor neurons in the brain or spinal cord, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or polio disorders that affect the nerve root, such as herniated disk in the spine.
- X-Ray: The latest digital X-Ray technology is available for diagnostics. Mobile units ands advanced equipment aid accurate diagnosis and facilitate right treatment. X-Rays are used in dental examination, verification of correct placement of surgical markers prior to invasive procedures and orthopaedic evaluations.
Our state of the art laboratory and highly trained technicians provide accurate results to guide diagnosis and treatment of the diseases.
- Clinical Pathology
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is the treatment of cancer with drugs that can destroy cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs interfere with cell division in various possible ways, e.g. with the duplication of DNA or the separation of newly formed chromosomes. Depending on your type of cancer and how advanced it is, chemotherapy can:
- Cure Cancer: : when chemotherapy destroys cancer cells to the point that your doctor can no longer detect them in your body and they will not grow back
- Control Cancer: When chemotherapy keeps cancer from spreading, slow its growth, or destroys cancer cells that have spread to other parts of your body.
- Ease Cancer Symptoms: (also called Palliative Care) – when chemotherapy shrinks tumors that are causing pain or pressure.
Endoscopy: Diagnostic endoscopy allows us to view the gastro-intestinal tract through special cameras encased in flexible tubes inserted through mouth, rectum or through the wind pipe. This enables our experienced team to arrive at accurate diagnosis. Surgical endoscopy is performed when required. Whatever your digestive problem, we will find the cause and provide the solution. Medical and Surgical endoscopes performed for:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Chronic calcific pancreatitis
- Swallowing difficulty
- Liver Biopsy
- Removal of gastric / colonic polyps
- Aspiration of Liver abscess
- Obstructive jaundice
- Diagnstic and therapeutic paracentesis
Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy includes advice, treatment and instructions to patients suffering from movement dysfunction due to disease, accident or age. Customized exercise, mobilization, manipulation, mechanical and electrotherapy are offered according to individual needs. Latest equipment and experienced physiotherapists help in effective treatment, eradication of pain and early return to normalcy
Our 24×7 Pharmacy service offers genuine drugs, surgicals, personal care products, and medical equipment in a controlled environment. It is managed by well-qualified pharmacists for excellent and dependable service. The hospital Canteen offers hygienic and tasty food for the staff and patient attendants. It is professionally managed and offers excellent service. Patient attendants have a comfortable stay option at the hospital Guest House. The rooms are well furnished with a double bed, TV and fridge. AC and Non- AC accommodations are available.
Evolving Excellence: We believe in delivering the best care and rely on evolution to achieve this. Constant evaluation and upgradation are the methods employed to maintain quality services and to keep abreast of the advancing technologies. Our NABH accrediation received in 2014 is testimony to this fact.
Patient centric renovations: Operation theatres with Bio Clas the latest USFDA approved Material with Silver Nano Technology. Two exclusive rooms with Bioclad, Epoxy, latest Hepafilters to bring in the “clean room concept” for accommodating various liver transplant patients, Renal transplant patients & stem cell patients. GE Multi Slice CT. State-of-the-art Emergency Department. High Dependency Intensive Care unit (HDICU) / Medical Intensive Care unit (MICU) / Surgical Intensive Care unit (SICU). Latest Ventilators, Monitors, Patient warmers, Syringe pumps, Infusion pumps. Modern Patient rooms, fully automated cots.
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation. For details, please read “About NABH”. A public recognition of the achievement of accreditation standards by a healthcare organization, demonstrated through an independent external peer assessment of that organization’s level of performance in relation to the standards.
Accreditation benefits all Stake Holders. Patients are the biggest beneficiaries. Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff. Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
Accreditation to a Hospital stimulates continuous improvement. It enables hospital in demonstrating commitment to quality care. It raises community confidence in the services provided by the hospital. It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
The Staff in an accredited hospital are satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment, leadership and above all ownership of clinical processes. It improves overall professional development of Clinicians and Paramedical staff and provides leadership for quality improvement within medicine and nursing.
Accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other Third Parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.